The individual will lead a sales team of Customer Account Representatives and a Buying Group Account Manager and provide coaching, training and mentoring to maximize sales performance. They will be accountable for achieving/exceeding sales objectives, profitability targets, market share goals, and overall product penetration performance for the entire region. The Regional Sales Manager will develop the overall business plan for the region based on corporate strategy provided and ensure execution of plans through their Customer Account Representatives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Lead and manage a sales team in order to maximize sales revenues and meet/exceed corporate-set objectives.
- Recruit, counsel, coach and develop a regional sales team that drives the entire business
- Analyze, develop and execute a Business Plan that maximizes sales for the region
- Develops report and analyzes the buying group potential and determine value of existing and prospective customers and activities to the organization
- Develops and implements a strategic business plan for each Buying Group in alignment with Marketing that maximizes sales & profitability
- Monitors sales performance and makes necessary adjustments to business plans to correct performance.
- Evaluate market & industry trends, gather competitive intelligence and identify trends that affect current and future growth of the region
- Keep abreast of changes within the region involving government, and associations
- Assist in establishing regional and territory sales budgets
- Perform effective annual performance appraisals to promote personal growth of team members
- Participate, execute, provide input on industry and customer trade shows as required
- Build strong, collaborative business relationships with internal (sales team and back office)
- Comply with all administrative requests in a timely matter
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of a University degree preferably in Science or Business.
- 3-5 years Sales management experience
- Generic Rx experience a significant asset
- Proven Leadership skills
- Strong coaching, training and people development capabilities
- Strong Business Acumen / Strategic & Analytical Thinker
- Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc..