Our pharmaceutical client located in Brampton, On, is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position as a Line Service Technician for the afternoon shift on the Packaging team. Shift Time: Monday to Friday from 3:15 PM through to 11:35 PM.
This role maintains component supply to packaging lines, washes and assists with filler assembly. Operates filling lines and packaging equipment in a safe manner and maintains compliance with cGMP and SOP requirements.
- Operate filling lines and equipment
- Supply filling lines with components and bulk for packaging
- Ensure drum and lot changes are completed effectively and on-time with minimal bulk waste
- Set-up, monitor and adjust fill weights throughout the operation ensuring minimal overfill
- Assemble and disassemble equipment such as fillers, manifolds, tube holders and supply pumps
- Perform filler changeovers, set-ups and troubleshooting
- Prepare detergent and sanitizing agents with the correct dilution factor
- Sanitize filling room
sas per standard operating procedure
- Perform housekeeping tasks such as washing floors, walls etc.
- Perform line clearance processes both inside filling rooms and secondary packaging
- Complete G.M.P. documents right first time, for example cleaning & sanitization records, packaging work orders, non-stationary equipment logs etc
- Wash and sanitize wetted change parts for fillers and supply pumps
- Troubleshoot machine problems effectively based on the observed abnormalities
- Change embossing/coding block characters (expiration date and batch number) for metal and laminate tubes as specified on the packaging work order (PWO)
- Set-up/change-over of product contact parts (hopper, graco pump, directional valve, auger, dosing pump, nozzle etc.)
- Sign off required line start-up documentation in the primary and secondary areas prior to production run
- Assist with training of new hires
- Assist Line Mechanics, as required
- Work with safety in mind with respect to all assigned tasks
- Other duties as assigned.
- Set-up/change-over filling (primary) equipment as required
- Replace o-rings for directional valve, dosing pump, nozzle assembly etc.
- Perform more detailed trouble shooting as it pertains to container closure, folding station, and tube holders etc.
- Change embossing/coding block characters (expiration date and batch number) for labels and cartons as specified on the packaging work order (PWO)
- Changeover and set-up (and change parts as required) of secondary packaging equipment – cartoner, labeler, pester/bundler and case packer based on established change parts and parameter values
- Assist mechanics in doing preventive and corrective maintenance tasks
- High School education or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a pharmaceutical or related industry.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude combined with experience with mechanical set-ups on packing and filling lines in a pharmaceutical, food or similar GMP manufacturing environment.
- Excellent math skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to operate a computer with Microsoft and Manufacturing Execution software.
- Fork lift certification an asset
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections.