Our pharmaceutical client located in Brampton, On, is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position as a Line Service Technician for the night shift on the Packaging team. The shifts are on Saturday and Sunday, from 7PM – 7AM.
• Responsible for operating the filling lines and equipment
• Proficiently supply filling lines with components and bulk for packaging
• Accountable for ensuring the drum and lot changes are completed effectively and on-time with minimal bulk waste
• Effectively and efficiently set-up, monitor and adjust fill weights throughout the operation ensuring minimal overfill
• Proficiently assemble and disassemble equipment such as fillers, manifolds, tube holders and supply pumps
• Responsible for performing filler changeovers, set-ups and troubleshooting
• Accountable for preparing detergent and sanitizing agents with the correct dilution factor
• Efficiently sanitize filling rooms as per standard operating procedure
• Proactively perform housekeeping tasks such as washing floors, walls etc.
• Responsible for performing line clearance processes both inside filling rooms and secondary packaging
• Accountable for completing G.M.P. documents right first time, for example cleaning & sanitization records, packaging work orders, non-stationary equipment logs etc.
• Proficiently wash and sanitize wetted change parts for fillers and supply pumps
• Effectively and efficiently troubleshoot machine problems effectively based on the observed abnormalities. Responsible for performing more detailed trouble shooting as it pertains to container closure, folding station, and tube holders etc.
• Responsible for changing embossing/coding block characters (expiration date and batch number) for metal and laminate tubes as specified on the packaging work order (PWO)
• Accountable for set-up/change-over of product contact parts (hopper, graco pump, directional valve, auger, dosing pump, nozzle etc.)
• Accountable for the changeover and set-up (and change parts as required) of secondary packaging equipment – cartoner, labeler, pester/bundler and case packer based on established change parts and parameter values
• Responsible for changing embossing/coding block characters (expiration date and batch number) for labels and cartons as specified on the packaging work order (PWO)
• Efficiently and effectively replace o-rings for directional valve, dosing pump, nozzle assembly etc.
• Proficiently sign off required line start-up documentation in the primary and secondary areas prior to production run
• Responsible for assisting with training of new hires
• Responsible for assisting Line Mechanics, as required
• Proactively work with safety in mind with respect to all assigned tasks
• Assist mechanics in doing preventive and corrective maintenance tasks
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School education or equivalent.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a pharmaceutical or related manufacturing industry.
• Strong mechanical aptitude combined with experience with mechanical set-ups on packing and filling lines in a pharmaceutical, food or similar GMP manufacturing environment.
• Excellent math skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively in a team
• Ability to operate a computer with Microsoft and Manufacturing Execution software.
• Fork lift certification an asset
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections.