General Summary: IT Analyst – Full time, Permanent Position and 12 month contract.
Working with the various Business organizations, implement and tune business processes to best support the business. Develop specifications for specialized reporting requirements, code and properly test to achieve the requirements and document specifications and requirements as well as end-user documentation. Ensure that all personnel are adequately trained on the effective use of those systems. Provide ongoing support and maintenance for all installed business system applications as required. Create and manage the data, and the links to existing data, to support those applications.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Evaluate and develop business methodologies and process to meet the demands of business units
- Establish with users their business requirements and develop specifications
- Develop applications utilizing best practices and technologies
- Install, support and enhance all aspects of company systems
- Provide system enhancement recommendations to take advantage of changes in technology and provide competitive business advantages.
- Develop and manage these system projects.
- Evaluate technology in order to utilize best practices and provide sound business decision-making tools.
- Work with the other PC Programmer to share and backfill responsibilities.
- Work as a mentor of other Programmer Analysts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- University degree or College Diploma in Computer Science
- 3 – 4 years of systems analysis and development with PC applications.
- 5-10 years application programming including: HTML, Web development, Database development, Visual Basic, VB.Net, Excel, SQL/Oracle, Crystal Reports, Trackwise configuration (asset Lotus Notes Application Tools, Cognos, Oracle)
- 2 – 3 years of project management.
- 2 – 3 years manufacturing experience (preferably Pharmaceutical).
- Advanced knowledge of Systems Development techniques and practices.
- Working knowledge of Data Modeling and of Database Design..
- Project management.
- People management, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Process flow and analysis.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing and Distribution Systems
- Working knowledge of Networking and Telecommunications
- Preferred working Knowledge of Pharmaceutical Industry
- Preferred working knowledge of Cognos, Lotus Notes Applications Tools, Oracle
* Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc..