Career Connections Canada Inc.
'Connecting great people with great companies'
Our logistics client in Dorval, QC, is seeking a night shift supervisor to join their team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Plan daily inbound and outbound schedule and workload and allocate appropriate resources to ensure that daily Service Level Agreements (SLA) are achieved.
- Maximize productivity by effectively allocating available resources to successfully process the daily work volume
- Effectively communicate all pertinent information regarding process changes, goals & objectives and operational results to employees through daily shift meetings
- Comprehend and administer all relevant policies and procedures in a fair & consistent manner
- Resolve employee relations’ issues in a timely manner and escalate when required
- Hands-on direction of all activities to ensure customer and corporate requirements are met.
- Ensure 100% adherence to client’s Quality Principals and Account specific standard operating procedures.
- Become proficient in the operation and related systems.
- Ensure Health and Safety practices are adhered to (e.g. coach team members on safe work practices, enforce company policies and procedures, and serve as a positive role model with respect to safe work practices).
- Manage team to support customer requirements
- Provide daily updates on receiving, shipping, issues and projects.
- Participation in decision-making processes involving warehouse issues.
- Demonstrate company Core Values – Client Intimacy, Innovation, Teamwork Founded on Open & Honest Communication and Accountability for Excellence in Results
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience or similar, preferably in a distribution environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Previous experience using SAP and warehouse management systems
- Strong service quality experience with specific measures and accomplishments
- Flexible working hours and scheduling is a requirement.
- Proven experience in developing positive employee relations with an emphasis on creating a collaborate team environment
- Reach Truck Operator certification is an asset
- Ability to analyze, plan and manage resources effectively
- Basic proficiency using Microsoft office applications (Excel intermediated)
- Post-secondary education and/or a combination of relevant experience and education
**Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc**