Career Connections Canada Inc.
'Connecting great people with great companies'
Our client located in Toronto is currently seeking a Trust Coordinator who is detailed oriented and a self-starter to join our fast-paced Accounting team. Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, the Trust Coordinator is responsible for processing trust transactions in accordance with Firm policies and procedures. The ideal candidate must be a team player, who takes initiative and with strong eye for attention to detail. The candidate must be able to prioritize work and deliver on short notice.
- Reviewing all trust transactions for compliance with firm policies, while working closely with partners and legal assistants
- Daily monitoring of trust bank accounts activity via online banking
- Preparing daily cheque/bank draft deposits for numerous banks
- Preparing and processing outgoing wires though banking portals
- Processing and posting incoming wires and credit card payments
- Coordinating with the bank and the lawyers on placing clients’ funds into the interest bearing accounts and liquidating on the maturity dates
- Transferring funds between various accounts
- Working closely and coordinating with Cash Receipts in identifying and processing funds that are received in the firm’s operating account and require transfer to a trust account.
- Responding to inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner
- Adhoc analysis, and reporting on Trust activity
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management
- Produce the highest quality of work
- Accountable for all work assigned
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a trust role at a law firm
- Successful completion of a post-secondary program in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Aderant or 3E is an asset
- Handle time pressure situations and stress of multiple demands
- Microsoft 365 suite of applications
- Knowledge of provincial law societies’ rules and regulations is an asset
- Friendly, helpful and service oriented disposition
- Flexible to work overtime when necessary
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong written and verbal communication
Why You Should Apply:
- Opportunities for growth and on the job training and development
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- We pride ourselves on being a mid-sized firm with a family feel
- Active involvement in our community with opportunities to volunteer
- Mentor program
- Wellness programs
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc.