Career Connections Canada Inc.
'Connecting great people with great companies'
Our pharmaceutical client in Brampton is seeking a laboratory technician to join their R&D department.
Responsible for various general and analytical support activities in the Analytical R&D Laboratory.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- General Laboratory Support PD & Analytical: Provide clean glassware & supply of clean pots and pans to R&D Development needs. Purchase and restock glassware, consumables and supplies
- Maintenance of the lab dishwasher, ordering parts and supplies and calling in service reps as required
- Maintain Chemical Inventory, LC/GC Column inventory (log in and out).
- Waste disposal (Solid, HPLC waste, Glass waste etc.,)
- Check safety showers, eye showers, clean water baths, sonicators and fume hoods
- Assist the Standards Coordinator – standards login, inventory, and testing.
- Assist the Stability Coordinator – Initiate R&D stability studies: label samples, place in chambers, update stability schedule and inventory
- Collecting samples for Chemistry and Microbiological testing upon request or at predetermined intervals
- Analytical testing under direction of another chemist or supervisor: Perform physical and chemical testing (e.g. Purified water, raw materials, standards, samples) and other analytical tasks (e.g. Karl Fisher, titrations, HPLC column regeneration, column characterization, weight loss studies)
- Analytical Support – enter test results into database and prepare result summaries, prepare mobile phases and other test solutions.
- Analytical sample login and registration of samples in LIMS
- Purchasing/receiving laboratory supplies
- Safe disposal of chemical solvent waste
- Daily monitoring of lab equipment (refrigerators, freezers, balances, stability chambers) and change chart recorder paper and pens as required.
- General cleaning of some lab equipment as required (sonic baths, ice-methanol bath, fumehoods, etc.)
- Participate in the annual review of laboratory chemicals
- Calibration of general lab equipments like viscometer, pH, water baths etc.,
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good written and verbal communication skills with good command of English
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a team-based environment
- Ability to lift 35 – 45 lbs
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Bachelor of science, preferably degree in Chemistry
- 1 – 2 years in a pharmaceutical company and a knowledge of lab procedures preferred
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc.