What is in it for you?
3 weeks vacation
This position’s primary focus is on the technical support of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and other process technology management systems (e.g. ERP, Serialization, T&T, etc.), running on the production shop floor. Additionally, an extra focus will be on other MES related activities, especially Recipe Design.
***** Role will rotate across the 3 shifts on 2 week basis *****
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Provide end user technical support for MES (Manufacturing Execution System) and Serialization
- Support, install, configure and troubleshoot variety of MES and Serialization issues, software’s, computers/tablets and external devices on site or remotely
- Provide application support such as issuing IT tickets, installing, troubleshooting, etc.
- Liaise with IT assisting to manage firewall, antivirus and security of servers
- Create SOP (Standard Operating Procedures), Work Instructions, Manuals and training materials for manufacturing operations
- Generate manuals for users to execute day to day basic activities
- Assist with integrating equipment with MES, such as Scales, pH Meters, Mixing Vessels, etc.
- Understand and analyze user requests to identify the priority and impact
- Study technical manuals and user guides in order to find and implement solutions to existing problems
- Replicate technical issues encountered by the users for further investigation with Developers
- Collect and maintain log of problems encountered on the shop floor by users and the respective solutions
- Maintain and document hardware and software assets by location, department and user
- Support and provide end user training on MES and other process technology management systems used on the shop floor
- Liaise with IT assisting to apply system updates, patches, configuration changes as per established procedures
- Execute tests and qualification protocols to support implementation of new systems and installation of equipment
- Support creation of MES Master Batch Records (MBR) and documentation
- Support the maintenance of MES Master data, MBRs, GMBRs, Library elements, EQM State diagrams etc. on an ongoing basis
- Liaise with IT assisting to maintain MES software servers
- Perform the duties of system admin and provide access rights to approved users
- Complete all GMP Documentation correctly and in a timely manner
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Computer Science
- Working experience in a I/T Help Desk / Support – preferrably at least 2-3 years experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment. Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred with a sound understanding of Quality Assurance and Control.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server, Windows 7, Citrix , Print Server
- High level of proficiency in suite of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Extensive Programming or computer logic knowledge/experience preferred.
- Experience with documentation or technical writing
- Strong listening skills and ability to pick-up details from documents
- Knowledge of process flow and logic diagrams/drawings.
- Experience working with design or other software applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate and work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Previous exposure to fast paced demanding environments and under high pressure situations
- Ability to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Strong customer service competency including effective written and oral communications skills.
- Team Player
- Personable, and able to maintain an excellent relations with users
- Good organizational & time-management skills.
- Priority setting ability within an entrepreneurial client community, a rapidly growing and changing company, and a wide and varied set of user requests
**Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc**