Career Connections Canada Inc.
'Connecting great people with great companies'
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Specialist, Purified Water & Tank Farm System to join our team.
The main responsibility of this position is to ensure continuous operation and maintenance the Purified Water systems and Tank Farm system in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). The Purified Water Systems are critical to all production and manufacturing activities at the site.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Accountable for all aspects of company’s Purified Water systems including operation, maintenance, calibrations and monitoring.
- Responsible for system calibration of the current / main Purified Water system for manufacturing which has 59 instruments requiring calibrations at frequencies ranging from monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually. A smaller water system for the laboratories falls under the same calibration schedule.
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitization of the Purified Water system in accordance with the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) regulations.
- Manage all aspects of Bulk Ingredient Tank Farm operation, maintenance, calibration and monitoring.
- Continuous oversight, monitoring and inspection of the Tank Farm system which is a complex automated system with mechanical valves, pumps and motors. The automated controls manage the raw material temperature, circulation and dispensing to the compounding rooms.
- Provide maximum efficiency and uptime on the Purified Water and Tank Farm systems.
- Oversee the optimal use of the systems and strive for improvements.
- Work with Quality, Engineering to resolve Purified Water and Tank Farm deficiencies and assure system compliance for pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Coordinate electrical, mechanical and instrumentation repairs as required.
- Provide support to manufacturing for Purified Water and Tank Farm raw materials delivery.
- Provide other technical support to engineering and production as required.
- Assist with validation activities as it relates to changes and upgrades to the Purified Water Systems.
- Assist with and provide expertise during expansion and improvement activities as it relates to the Purified Water Systems.
- Liaise with vendors, suppliers and expedite issues when necessary.
- Present the systems to Auditors in Regulatory, Customer, and Internal Audits.
- Provide oral and written responses to questions in Regulatory, Customer, and Internal Audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of business needs and ability to manage expectations of affected areas.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and detail oriented skills.
- Excellent p.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of water purification microbiology.
- Strong knowledge of electrical controls systems.
- Proficiency with relevant computer operations and software. Good working knowledge and experience with current computer systems.
- Strong decision making ability with focus on continuous system operations and expected down/up time of the equipment for production purposes.
- High degree of knowledge and experience in operating, maintaining and troubleshooting purified water systems within a GMP manufacturing environment.
- Process improvement mindset with ability to provide recommendations to optimize system efficiency and continuous operations to meet production requirements.
- Able to communicate with suppliers of equipment, software, and hardware by using the appropriate terminology as it relates to the Purified Water System.