Career Connections Canada Inc.
'Connecting great people with great companies'
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Senior Technician to join our team.
What we offer:
- A safe and clean; GMP regulated work environment
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- A competitive wage/salary
- Incentive bonus programs that are designed to reward employees for their individual contributions
- Benefit programs designed to support our employees and their families, including a comprehensive health & dental benefits package, group RRSP matching program, direct access to healthcare and well-being programs, and paid time off
- Employee training and organizational development programs including tuition reimbursement, internal mobility programs, and employee recognition programs
The Senior Line Service Technician works as part of the production team as a subject matter expert for packaging lines. This role is responsible for the technical operation of all equipment and contributes to the effective and efficient site performance through the operation of production equipment; in a safe and compliant manner as it pertains to cGMP and SOP requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Able to effectively and efficiently operate filling lines and equipment, while ensuring lines are consistently supplied with components and bulk and ensure drums changes are completed in a timely manner with minimal bulk waste (rejects).
- Set-up, monitor and adjust fill weights throughout the operation ensuring that units are being packaged within established specification
- Perform testing procedures to ensure that machines work optimally during the production process and monitor machines to ensure optimum running
- Troubleshoot equipment problems effectively based on the observed abnormalities
- Set-up embossing/coding block characters (expiration date and batch number) for metal and laminate tubes and/or product label as specified on the packaging work order (PWO)
- Set-up/change-over of product contact parts (hopper, graco pump, directional valve, auger, dosing pump, nozzle etc.)
- Assemble and disassemble equipment such as fillers, manifolds, tube holders and supply pumps
- Changeover and set-up ( change parts as required) of secondary packaging equipment – cartoner, labeler, pester/bundler, cartoner tracker and case packer based on established change parts and parameter values for applicable packaging components
- Perform more detailed trouble shooting as it pertains to container closure, folding station, and tube holders etc.,
- Replace o-rings for directional valve, dosing pump, nozzle assembly etc.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks, such as clean, inspect and complete tag status identification as well as lubrication.
- Identify potential equipment failure and raise maintenance request.
- Sign off required line start-up documentation (set-up parameters) in the primary and secondary areas prior to production run
- Assist with training of new hires
- Work with safety in mind with respect to all assigned tasks and provide relevant information regarding progress to supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to perform assembly/disassembly of pumps, homogenizers, mixers, small vessels, valves for the purpose of cleaning and sanitization.
- Learn the design and intricacies of compounding equipment by performing wash-ups at end of campaign.
- Accurately perform standardization of pH meters, verification of weighing scales, mixers and temperature probes
- Perform accurate weighing of raw materials and subsequent dispensing into bulk vessels
- Be able to operate manufacturing vessels (Groen 2, Groen 3, Brogli, G4) and be able to learn products manufactured in these vessels
- Effectively troubleshoot minor equipment problems
- Be able to work with half faced respirator and any other necessary PP
Note: Prerequisite to this role requires completion of LST level 4 training / other related work experiences. Furthermore, once the individual has demonstrated in-depth knowledge and practices of the above mentioned primary duties, additional training will be provided
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude combined with experience with mechanical set-ups on packing and filling lines in a pharmaceutical, food or similar GMP manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrates curiosity and willingness to learn and adopt new ideas and put them into practice
- Ability to quickly gather technical information and approaches solving problems proactively using logical and technical methodology approaches
- Adapts comfortably to rapidly changing circumstances, enjoying variety in their work
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail, observing rules and how processes affect their work and quality attributes.
- Excellent math skills. Excellent command of the English language combined with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to use and handle automated systems and computers i.e. Manufacturing Execution Software, SAP.
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections***