Career Connections Canada Inc.
'Connecting great people with great companies'
Our Brampton client is presently looking for a Procurement Specialist to join their team.
What’s In It for You:
- A safe and clean; GMP regulated work environment
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- A competitive wage/salary
- Incentive bonus programs that are designed to reward employees for their individual contributions
- Benefit programs designed to support our employees and their families, including a comprehensive health & dental benefits package, group RRSP matching program, direct access to healthcare and well-being programs, and paid time off
- Employee training and organizational development programs including tuition reimbursement, internal mobility programs, and employee recognition programs
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for procuring materials required for production (Actives, Excipients and packaging) and for procuring non-inventory items for R&D, QC, Microbiology & facilities, and Capital Equipment purchase. Additionally, the Procurement Specialist will also be required to:
– Negotiate pricing with vendors and analyze quotes from existing and new vendors.
– Evaluate existing vendors for service and reliability
– Collaborate with vendor management to qualify and approve new vendors
– Manage optimum inventory
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Order materials regularly as per schedule for R&D, Quality Control and Microbiology Labs and manufacturing.
· Responsible for ensuring equipment & excipients purchase requests are executed in a timely manner.
· Responsible for ordering materials regularly as per the MRP, and responsible for releasing firm purchase orders as per MRP requirements.
· Responsible for effective cost savings to meet target set for Supply Chain Purchase team
· Working on process improvement initiatives to get flow less operation without any delays.
· Communicate any delivery issues which affect the master production schedule or Lab testing schedule
· Evaluate vendors based on quality product, rejection rate, pricing structure, and open issues.
· Responsible to maintain Supplier agreements/Contracts and deliverables.
· Responsible to initiate change controls & follow up till implementation of new materials/change
· Responsible to resolve any shortages or discrepancies on received material with accounts payable.
· Responsible for bi-annual review of lot sizes and safety stocks levels
· Ensure quantities purchased meet purchasing guidelines and policies.
· Survey market place for alternate vendor quotes to ensure competitiveness of existing vendors.
· Responsible for negotiating pricing with vendors and maintaining vendor pricing records as needed for analysis.
· Review open purchase orders to reduce and or increase quantities as necessary.
· Responsible to ensure that purchase orders are placed for components/raw materials to meet the launch dates of new products.
· Communicate Quality Control and Quality Assurance issues and rejections with appropriate vendors.
· Lead cross functional team to help resolve NOE’s, NCI’s and CAPA’s in a timely manner.
· Align Packaging and Raw /API Material requirements with Supplier’s specifications.
· Check sourcing for outside testing labs.
· Following SOP on regular basis to be in compliance.
· Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- University degree in business or related or equivalent work experience.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Purchasing in Materials control in a pharmaceutical industry.
- Intermediate level : Microsoft Excel and Word
- SAP, APO
- APICS or PMAC certification will be an asset.
- Experience in interfacing and interacting with diverse business groups
- Proficiency of computer programs (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a team-based environment
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Knowledge of purchasing procedures, policies and paradigms
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc.