Career Connections Canada Inc.
'Connecting great people with great companies'
Associate, Packaging – Contract
What we offer:
- A safe and clean; GMP regulated work environment
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- A competitive wage/salary
- Incentive bonus programs that are designed to reward employees for their individual contributions
- Benefit programs designed to support our employees and their families, including a comprehensive health & dental benefits package, group RRSP matching program, direct access to healthcare and well-being programs, and paid time off
- Employee training and organizational development programs including tuition reimbursement, internal mobility programs, and employee recognition programs
Our Brampton client is presently looking for a Packaging Specialist to join our team.
This position is responsible for managing, tracking and coordinating projects related to Packaging engineering in order to launch products on time, meet team backorder requirements, manage cost savings, and drive packaging efficiency
The projects include but are not limited to new product launches, product scale-up implementation and exhibit and other non-routine batches.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Represent Supply Chain as a part of taskforce team for the current projects on hand. Attend and document all applicable meetings and conference calls.
- Provide technical expertise for packaging developments for products to R&D, marketing and manufacturing.
- Identify packaging solutions and qualify packaging components. Provide engineering documentation to support new product launches.
- Identification and assignment of codes for new packaging components.
- Drive confirmation of new package testing protocols and procedures required to confirm functional acceptability in regards to compatibility with production equipment, transportation methods and storage conditions.
- Drive timelines and issues to owners within Supply Chain and other departments (Art, Purchasing, QC/QA, Validation, Technical Services, Production, Operations, Engineering)
- Track progress on commitments, identifying and tracking bottlenecks, and projecting future internal and external bottlenecks.
- Ensure that the materials, schedules and all the necessary production paperwork are in place in timely and accurate manner.
- Serve as a liaison between R & D, Sales and Marketing, Corporate Office in the US, Customer services, Art Coordinator and the Supply Chain team, for new and/or non-routine products.
- Analyze all projects are tracked for trends that will improve processes in the future.
- Develop and manage timelines.
- Development and maintain packaging specifications.
- Discuss, develop and work out procedures for new projects
- Develop/solicit cost estimates for packaging. Standardization of die lines to increase efficiency. Manage and report cost saving initiatives for packaging related projects.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to support continuous improvement programs in the manufacturing processes through the redesign of packaging components.
- Maintain knowledge of innovations and trends in pharmaceutical packaging for possible applications with the company’s present and future products and provides technical leadership on packaging projects.
- Coordinate line trials for all new components and product introductions.
- Assist with artwork and label copy design
- Support QA on all packaging component documentation, quality issues, deviations, and investigations
- Complete all GMP Documentation correctly and in a timely manner
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records
- Participate in and/or lead Non Conformance Investigations
- Complete Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA’s)
- Initiate, and follow through with actions required to close Change Controls
- Participate in Internal, Customer and Regulatory Audits.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Post-secondary Diploma or Degree in Packaging Technology, Engineering or related.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years packaging development experience, working knowledge of packaging operations, knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, and a good understanding of applicable regulations and GMP requirements.
- Art/Press Production knowledge and experience an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, strategic execution, innovation, cost optimization and quality improvements with a proven track record in Marketing, Business Development and Product supply-chain environments in a pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent Project Management skills. Effective project management through planning, organizing, coordinating projects assigned to them and to assure required deadlines are met.
- Design Thinking experience/Creative skills to fuel product/package innovation pipeline.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to assume accountability to both internal and external customers.
- Proficiency on Microsoft Office applications, including MS Project.
- TOPs packaging analysis software an asset
- Working knowledge of AutoCad an asset
- Working knowledge of BPCS an asset
- Working knowledge of Macintosh operating system, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Acrobat, QuarkXPress, and related utility software an asset.
- Solid theoretical knowledge of primary package design, packaging equipment, and materials
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc.***