Career Connections Canada Inc.
"connecting great people with great companies"
Manufacturing Execution System (MES) IT Business Technician Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) IT Business Technician to join our HR department.
*** Role will rotate across the 3 shifts on 2 weeks basis ***
Salary: $50,000 to $53,000 + Bonus
This position’s primary focus is on the technical support of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and other process technology management systems (e.g. ERP, Serialization, T&T, etc.), running on the production shop floor. Additionally, an extra focus will be on other MES related activities, especially Recipe Design.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide end user technical support for MES (Manufacturing Execution System) and Serialization.
- Support, install, configure and troubleshoot variety of MES and Serialization issues, software’s, computers/tablets and external devices on site or remotely.
- Provide application support such as issuing IT tickets, installing, troubleshooting, etc.
- Liaise with IT assisting to manage firewall, antivirus and security of servers.
- Create SOP (Standard Operating Procedures), Work Instructions, Manuals and training materials for manufacturing operations.
- Generate manuals for users to execute day to day basic activities.
- Assist with integrating equipment with MES, such as Scales, pH Meters, Mixing Vessels, etc.
- Understand and analyze user requests to identify the priority and impact.
- Study technical manuals and user guides in order to find and implement solutions to existing problems.
- Replicate technical issues encountered by the users for further investigation with Developers.
- Collect and maintain log of problems encountered on the shop floor by users and the respective solutions.
- Maintain and document hardware and software assets by location, department and user.
- Support and provide end user training on MES and other process technology management systems used on the shop floor.
- Liaise with IT assisting to apply system updates, patches, configuration changes as per established procedures.
- Execute tests and qualification protocols to support implementation of new systems and installation of equipment.
- Support creation of MES Master Batch Records (MBR) and documentation.
- Support the maintenance of MES Master data, MBRs, GMBRs, Library elements, EQM State diagrams etc. on an ongoing basis.
- Liaise with IT assisting to maintain MES software servers.
- Perform the duties of system admin and provide access rights to approved users.
- Complete all GMP Documentation correctly and in a timely manner.
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Computer Science.
- Working experience in a I/T Help Desk / Support.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment. Pharmaceutical industry experience. preferred with a sound understanding of Quality Assurance and Control.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server, Windows 7, Citrix, Print Server.
- High level of proficiency in suite of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Extensive Programming or computer logic knowledge/experience preferred.
- Experience with documentation or technical writing.
- Strong listening skills and ability to pick-up details from documents.
- Knowledge of process flow and logic diagrams/drawings.
- Experience working with design or other software applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate and work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Previous exposure to fast paced demanding environments and under high pressure situations.
- Ability to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Strong customer service competency including effective written and oral communications skills.
- Team Player
- Personable, and able to maintain an excellent relation with users.
- Good organizational & time-management skills.
- Priority setting ability within an entrepreneurial client community, a rapidly growing and changing company, and a wide and varied set of user requests.
- Ability to Negotiate with internal staff, contractors, consultants and vendors.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
** Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc.