Our client’s Brampton location is presently looking for a Line Mechanic (Maintenance Mechanic) on 1 year contract
The Packaging Line Mechanic provides technical support by maintaining, repairing, setting-up, cleaning, performing machine adjustments and operating all mechanical equipment pertaining to the production of drug products including but not limited to filling, packaging and compounding equipment and is responsible for the mechanical performance of the production lines.
This opportunity is open to candidates in process of attaining an Industrial Millwright and / or Electrical License or working towards it.
Must be open to all 3 shifts – days, afternoons, midnights
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Perform mechanical related activities within the packaging department pertaining to the filling and packaging of drug product within a cGMP environment.
- Mechanical related activities include but not limited to the set-up, changeover, operating, troubleshooting, repair and cleaning of tube, jar and bottle fillers, packaging equipment (cartoners, banders, torquers, labelers), compounding equipment and all supporting auxiliary equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and execute planned repair to improve equipment reliability and packaging efficiency. This includes but is not limited to ensuring all repairs are completed as per the appropriate equipment manuals without deviating from validated parameters. Must comply with safe lock-out procedures, impact assessments of any repair and repair work order documentation.
- Assist with the training of new hires (line service technicians, operators and mechanics). Provide training related to assembling /disassembling of fillers, cartoners, and compounding equipment.
- Provide training and guidance to line operators and line technicians ensuring the equipment is operated in a safe manner.
- Provide troubleshooting training to line service technicians and operators to minimize intermittent downtime.
- Assist with the design specifications for new equipment and upgrade older equipment.
- Execute Validation protocols.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Industrial Millwright License or licence in progress is required combined with a minimum of five (5) years of experience working in a similar role in a pharmaceutical, food and beverage or consumer goods packaging environment
Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent
Candidates possessing a second license, specifically an Industrial Electrician License, are preferred.
Excellent mechanical aptitude and mathematical skills
Laminate and metal tube filling and cartonning experience preferred
Excellent command of the English Language, strong written and oral communication skills with ability to interact with all shop floor employees on a daily basis
Previous experience working in a similar role in a pharmaceutical packaging environment preferred
Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc