Career Connections Canada Inc.
"Connecting great people with great companies"
Under the direction of the Shipping/Receiving Supervisor and with safety, efficiency and customer service a priority, the Logistics Coordinator is accountable to facilitate the receiving and storing, moving and shipping of supplies, stock and materials, effectively managing the timely flow of order processing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and co-ordinate transportation of materials and manage the timely flow of customer orders (finished product).
- Reports – Trip Sheets/Update Trailer report, daily yard trailer count
- While adhering to policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, facilitate the shipping and/or receiving of products to and from the warehouse on behalf of customers (both internal and external). This would include organizing either the shipping or receipt of product or the preparation for delivery of product to and from the facility with focus on accuracy, efficiency and time management. Managing the flow of orders requires reliance on monitoring and co-ordination of delivery pickup and/or drop off schedules both manually and with computer programs.
- Provide and maintain good customer service and solve problems.
- As an integral part of the team, ensure that customers (both internal and external) are highly regarded and receive exceptional service throughout the flow of order processing, including readying loads for shipment and managing the inbound and outbound warehouse traffic. Address problems with order flow or shipping delays and quality-control issues, such s damaged or improperly packed goods, as well as day-to-day concerns with warehouse capacity and client deadlines. May include face-to-face, phone or email interactions with customers and vendors.
- Tasks and Duties:
- Adhere to shipping/receiving and regulatory-compliance procedures.
- Comply with laws, regulations and standards.
- Complete documentation such as pick lists, bills of lading, work orders and shipping orders using computer-based technology
- Complete daily shipping and receiving logs
- Dispatch freight for delivery and arrange for pickups
- Record shipment data such as weight, charges and damages
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue shipping instructions and delivery of materials.
- Rectify problems such as damages, shortages and non-conformation to specifications
- Document and escalate any customer service issues and/or shipping/receiving errors
- Assist with training of new employees
- Complete safety reports in relation to health and safety issues.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships wit those on your team, as well as cross-functionally.
- Assist with cycle counts under the direction of the cycle counter to ensure accurate knowledge of product location, condition and quality.
- Back up for the Purchaser when required as well as assist Purchaser with locating material to be shipped out to internal customers (other plants).
- First point of contact for all drivers on both docks.
- Provide direction to the forklift drivers on offload sequence
- Schedule appointments/timeslots with vendors for live load receipts and work within shipping appointment requirements from customers.
- Maintain Kanban/supermarket and co-ordinate order requirements with Purchaser.
- Receive all inventory into OHM and verify accuracy of packing slips
- Perform regular material warehouse audits to ensure that material is undamaged and maintained neatly throughout the warehouse – in shipping docks periodic audits of trailer loading according to work orders are correct and consistent.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working Environment: Mix of office and floor job as required. Long standing or walking might be required,
1. High School graduate or equivalent
2. At least one year related experience
3. Computer proficiency
1. Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database software
2. Prior Logistics/Customer Service experience
3. Prior experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment an asset
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc.