Career Connections Canada Inc.
'Connecting great people with great companies'
Our client in Brampton is presently looking for a Line Service Technician to join their Packaging department (full time weekend shift – must be available Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays).
The Technician maintains component supply to packaging lines, washes and assists with filler assembly. Operates filling lines and packaging equipment in a safe manner and maintains compliance with cGMP and SOP requirements.
HOURS OF WORK: WEEKEND SHIFT (shift premium provided for)
Weekend Shift Rotation every 2 weeks
• Friday to Sunday inclusive from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
• Friday at 7:00 p.m. through to Monday morning at 7:00 a.m. (inclusive)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
Training Level 1 to 2:
- Operate filling lines and equipment
- Supply filling lines with components and bulk for packaging
- Ensure drum and lot changes are completed effectively and on-time with minimal bulk waste
- Set-up, monitor and adjust fill weights throughout the operation ensuring minimal overfill
- Assemble and disassemble equipment such as fillers, manifolds, tube holders and supply pumps
- Perform filler changeovers, set-ups and troubleshooting
- Prepare detergent and sanitizing agents with the correct dilution factor
- Sanitize filling rooms as per standard operating procedure
- Perform housekeeping tasks such as washing floors, walls etc.
- Perform line clearance processes both inside filling rooms and secondary packaging
- Complete G.M.P. documents right first time, for example cleaning & sanitization records, packaging work orders, non-stationary equipment logs etc.
- Wash and sanitize wetted change parts for fillers and supply pumps
- Troubleshoot machine problems effectively based on the observed abnormalities
- Change embossing/coding block characters (expiration date and batch number) for metal and laminate tubes as specified on the packaging work order (PWO)
- Set-up/change-over of product contact parts (hopper, graco pump, directional valve, auger, dosing pump, nozzle etc.)
- Sign off required line start-up documentation in the primary and secondary areas prior to production run
- Assist with training of new hires
- Assist Line Mechanics, as required
- Work with safety in mind with respect to all assigned tasks
- Other duties as assigned.
Training Level 3:
- Set-up/change-over filling (primary) equipment as required
- Replace o-rings for directional valve, dosing pump, nozzle assembly etc.
- Perform more detailed trouble shooting as it pertains to container closure, folding station, and tube holders etc
Training level 4:
- Change embossing/coding block characters (expiration date and batch number) for labels and cartons as specified on the packaging work order (PWO)
- Changeover and set-up (and change parts as required) of secondary packaging equipment – cartoner, labeler, pester/bundler and case packer based on established change parts and parameter values
- Assist mechanics in doing preventive and corrective maintenance tasks
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a pharmaceutical or related industry.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude combined with experience with mechanical set-ups on packing and filling lines in a pharmaceutical, food or similar GMP manufacturing environment.
- Excellent math skills.
- Excellent command of the English language combined with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Ability to use a computer including Microsoft and Manufacturing Execution software.
- Fork lift certification an asset
• Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc