Our Brampton client is looking for a Line Set up Technician to join their Packaging department (full time contract afternoon shift – about 7 months)
The Technician maintains component supply to packaging lines, washes and assists with filler assembly. Operates filling lines and packaging equipment in a safe manner and maintains compliance with cGMP and SOP requirements.
HOURS OF WORK
AFTERNOON SHIFT: Monday to Friday inclusive from 3:25 PM through to 11:35 PM
- Operate filling lines and equipment
- Supply filling lines with components and bulk for packaging
- Ensure drum and lot changes are completed effectively and on-time with minimal bulk waste
- Set-up, monitor and adjust fill weights throughout the operation ensuring minimal overfill
- Assemble and disassemble equipment such as fillers, manifolds, tube holders and supply pumps
- Perform filler changeovers, set-ups and troubleshooting
- Prepare detergent and sanitizing agents
- Sanitize filling rooms as per standard operating procedure
- Perform housekeeping tasks such as washing floors, walls etc.
- Perform line clearance processes both inside filling rooms and secondary packaging
- Complete G.M.P. documents right first time, for example cleaning & sanitization records, packaging work orders, non-stationary equipment logs etc.
- Wash and sanitize wetted change parts for fillers and supply pumps
- Troubleshoot machine problems effectively based on the observed abnormalities
- Change embossing/coding block characters (expiration date and batch number) for metal and laminate tubes as specified on the packaging work order (PWO)
- Set-up/change-over of product contact parts (hopper, graco pump, directional valve, auger, dosing pump, nozzle etc.)
- Assist Line Mechanics, as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a pharmaceutical or related industry (Food or CPG)
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude combined with experience with mechanical set-ups on packing and filling lines in a pharmaceutical, food or similar GMP manufacturing environment.
- Excellent command of the English language combined with strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to use a computer including Microsoft and Manufacturing Execution software.
**Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc**