Career Connections Canada Inc.
"Connecting great people with great companies"
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Brampton, Canada
The Packaging Line Mechanic provides technical support by maintaining, repairing, setting-up, cleaning, performing machine adjustments and operating all mechanical equipment pertaining to the production of drug products including but not limited to filling, packaging and compounding equipment and is responsible for the mechanical performance of the production lines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform mechanical related activities within the packaging department pertaining to the filling and packaging of drug product within a cGMP environment.
- Mechanical related activities include but not limited to the set-up, changeover, operating, troubleshooting, repair and cleaning of tube, jar and bottle fillers, packaging equipment (cartoners, banders, torquers, labelers), compounding equipment and all supporting auxiliary equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and execute planned repair to improve equipment reliability and packaging efficiency. This includes but is not limited to ensuring all repairs are completed as per the appropriate equipment manuals without deviating from validated parameters. Must comply with safe lock-out procedures, impact assessments of any repair and repair work order documentation.
- Assist with the training of new hires (line service technicians, operators and mechanics). Provide training related to assembling /disassembling of fillers, cartoners, and compounding equipment.
- Provide training and guidance to line operators and line technicians ensuring the equipment is operated in a safe manner.
- Provide troubleshooting training to line service technicians and operators to minimize intermittent downtime.
- Assist with the design specifications for new equipment and upgrade older equipment.
- Execute Validation protocols.
- Monitor and advise management /mechanic lead hand regarding low stock for critical spare parts as well as consumable inventory items.
- Design and execute continuous improvement projects with a focus on improving safety, quality and efficiency.
- Complete GMP documentation right first time in batch records and other relevant GMP documents.
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Industrial Millwright License is required combined with a minimum of five (5) years of experience working in a similar role in a pharmaceutical, food and beverage or consumer goods packaging environment
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Candidates possessing a second license, specifically an Industrial Electrician License, are preferred
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Excellent math skills
- Laminate and metal tube filling and cartonning experience preferred
- Excellent command of the English Language, strong written and oral communication skills with ability to interact with all shop floor employees on a daily basis
- Previous experience working in a similar role in a pharmaceutical packaging environment
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Laminate and metal tube filling and cartonning experience, preferred
** Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc.