Career Connections Canada Inc.
"Connecting great people with great companies"
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Brampton, Ontario
To ensure the safety, quality, productivity and training needs of the team members to achieve the goals defined for the packaging department.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete G.M.P. documents, such as the Packaging Work Order, and forward to the documentation review clerk
- Ensure equipment log books (stationary/non stationary) are accurately completed
- Reconcile components used for the packaging operation. (SAP)
- Review and ensure accurate data is recorded and entered into Shop Floor Data collection system
- Perform housekeeping tasks such as washing floors, walls etc. required in the SOP’s
- Perform the tasks as directed on the Packaging Work Order (PWO)
- Perform in-process checks
- Retrieve samples as per PWO ie: Routine, Stability, Validation etc.
- Participate in Line Clearance process
- Safety: ensure team members are knowledgeable and aware of the equipment and environment they are expected to work in
- Quality: monitor and be aware of excessive scrap from the line
- Complete BPCS transactions in a timely manner
- Accurately complete PWO and reconcile components in a timely manner
- Productivity: minimize downtime and maximize up-time by comparing standard line efficiencies to current real time productivity. (Checkweigh Display Data & Shop Floor Data Control)
- Effectively communicate safety, quality and productivity issues to the line mechanics
- Ensure efficient labour utilization of all team members
- Delegate on-line tasks
- Perform “in process” checks
- Assist with training “line leaders in training”
- Perform documentation review
- Supervise / co-ordinate off line packaging activities
- Complete all GMP Documentation correctly and in a timely manner
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records
- Participate in and/or lead Non Conformance Investigations
- Complete Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA’s)
- Initiate, and follow through with actions required to close Change Controls
- Participate in Internal, Customer and Regulatory Audits
- Will be required to perform other duties as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent math skills
- Proficiency with applicable computer software including Microsoft Office, Manufacturing Execution and SAP software
- Excellent organization skills
- Interacting with shop floor personnel on a daily basis.
- Proactive, thinking ahead
- Ability to multitask
- Exposure to current G.M.P. requirements
- Previous experience working in a similar role in a pharmaceutical packaging environment
- The position of Line Leader is considered to be a Weekend Shift Rotation every 2 weeks
- Friday to Sunday inclusive from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Friday at 7:00 p.m. through to Monday morning at 7:00 a.m. (inclusive)
- Overtime may be required to complete a task after the shift has ended
** Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc.