Career Connections Canada Inc.
'Connecting great people with great companies'
Our client in Toronto is looking for a recent graduate of a Legal Assistant or Law Clerk program to join the Tax Department as a Legal Assistant. The successful candidate will be working with two busy Tax Law Clerks assisting with completing record books, updating corporate registers and legers and general filing among other tasks. This opportunity is ideal for someone who excels in a busy environment, has strong attention to detail skills and is excited to learn and grow.
- Administratively supporting the tax law clerks in their busy practices
- Assist with the completion of record books
- Maintain a tickler system for deadlines
- Assist with creation of corporate charts using PowerPoint
- Ensure corporate information in CorpLink database is accurate and up-to-date
- Minute book and general filing
- Update corporate registers and ledgers
- Produce the highest quality of work
- Handle daily administrative details
- Manage duties related to accounting
- Accountable for all work assigned
- Takes initiative
- Recent graduate of a Legal Assistant or Law Clerk program
- Successful completion of a related post-secondary Legal Assistant or Law Clerk program
- Handle time pressure situations and stress of multiple demands
- Microsoft 365 suite of applications
- Some knowledge of a corporate database would be an asset
- Ability to problem solve
- Good judgement and decision making
- Strong interpersonal skills
Why You Should Apply:
- Opportunities for growth and on the job training and development
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- We pride ourselves on being a mid-sized firm with a family feel
- Active involvement in our community with opportunities to volunteer
- Mentor program
- Wellness programs
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc.