Career Connections Canada Inc
'Connecting great people and great companies'
The Line Mechanic will co-ordinate with shift supervisors and other line leaders to prioritize maintenance tasks while ensuring safety and quality standards are always maintained; Assist team members for major downtime recovery; Coach and development knowledge and skills for shift mechanics and technicians.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with supervisor and other line leads to manage and prioritize staffing assignments to ensure customer demand and the production plans are met.
- Ensure shift mechanics follow required and proper safety, quality and GMP practices, including SOP and documentation.
- Coordinate and communicate with shift supervisors, prioritize, and assign maintenance tasks, establish clear and specific expectation for shift mechanics.
- Lead the execution of planned preventive maintenance activities and the recovery of major downtime event.
- Provide technical support and act as a coach to develop the knowledge and skills of team members, including shift mechanics and technical operators.
- Continuously encourage team members to challenge status quo and promote positive, sustainable improvement.
- Lead the shift transition and discussion of safety, quality, and equipment information during the shift handover.
- Lead by example and perform regular duties as shift mechanics.
- Perform other tasks as per request.
- Offer technical advice, assistance, training, and motivation to mechanics where and when necessary.
- Ensure timely PM and work order completion.
- Identify and support continuous improvement effects with production supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Industrial Millwright License is required combined with a minimum of five (5) years of experience working in a similar role in a pharmaceutical, food and beverage or consumer goods packaging environment.
- Industrial Electrician License is considered an asset.
- Excellent command of the English Language, strong written and oral communication skills with ability to interact with all shop floor employees daily.
- Sound trouble shooting and root cause analysis skills.
- Working knowledge of pneumatics, PLCs, and electrical components
- Ability to read and analyze blueprints, drawings, and technical manual.
- Strong computer skills with ability to manage full cycle processing of work orders with in-house program.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Ability to analyze a situation and formulate a methodical approach to effectively correct and when appropriate, escalate the problem to prevent/reduce line downtime.
- Flexibility to rotating shift work and occasional overtime.
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc.