Career Connections Canada Inc.
'Connecting great people with great companies'
Our client in Toronto is looking for an experienced Tax Law Clerk who will contribute to our growing team to provide a high level of service to our clients. The successful candidate will possess excellent organizational skills along with strong time management expertise. This opportunity is ideal for someone who excels in a busy environment and has strong attention to detail. The optimal candidate will have previous knowledge of a corporate database and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prepare corporate reorganization documents; including, agreements, resolutions and all other necessary documentation to implement corporate reorganizations
- Assist with tax driven transactions including section 85 rollover agreements, section 51 and section 86 exchange agreements, and the preparation of closing agendas in respect of transactions and all necessary documentation
- Assist with other general corporate matters, such as incorporation and organization of corporations under the Canada Business Corporations Act and the Ontario Business Corporations Act, all types of dividend resolutions, annual maintenance resolutions, share redemptions, share transfers, changes to directors and officers, general and limited partnership registrations, business name registrations and extra provincial registrations
- Prepare reporting letters and record books upon closing
- Process corporate documents utilizing Cyberbahn
- Update Minute Books and corporate database
- Assist with Business Number and Program Accounts registrations with Canada Revenue Agency and provincial tax registrations
- Produce the highest quality of work
- Accountable for all work assigned
- Take initiative
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience gained as a Corporate or Tax Law Clerk
- Successful completion of a related post-secondary Legal Assistant or Law Clerk program
- Membership in good standing with Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario
- Completion of the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario Certification
- Handle time pressure situations and stress of multiple demands
- Flexibility to work outside regular business hours when required and/or necessary
- Microsoft 365 suite of applications
- Knowledge of a corporate database and experience with CorpLink considered an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to problem solve
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Why You Should Apply:
- Opportunities for growth and on the job training and development
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- We pride ourselves on being a mid-sized firm with a family feel
- Active involvement in our community with opportunities to volunteer
- Mentor program
- Wellness programs
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc.