Career Connections Canada Inc.
'Connecting great people with great companies'
Our logistics client in Mississauga is seeking a qualified IT Supervisor to join their team. Reporting to the Head of Business Process Optimization and IT, the IT Supervisor will supervise the IT team and deliver a high standard of support.
The IT Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that the technology product line supports the business objectives for the Canadian organization. The role will drive product roadmaps, technological enhancements, digitalization initiatives and in conjunction with the BPO/IT Head, develop and execute strategy and innovation. The IT Supervisor is also accountable for driving technology cost optimization, simplification and standardization across the CA product landscape, bringing the most value to the business.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the IT team including performance management, project assignment and establishing Key Performance Objectives.
- Liaise with BPO/ IT Head to develop and implement local IT strategies that are appropriate for business needs
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes.
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Develop an IT Support team that is driven to deliver a high standard of support and customer service.
- Leads the IT-interface at country level, provides co-ordination and direction, and interacts with the business in the country to ensure the needs of the business are addressed and issues raised are escalated and resolved
- Responsible for aligning local IT requirements and customer demands with the global IT strategy
- Accounts for efficient, effective and timely delivery of all IT services and solutions within the country aligned with the strategic needs of the division
- Controls adherence to IT governance mechanisms for the country within divisional and overall company guidelines
- Defines detailed IT roadmaps and migration strategy for applications, in collaboration with others
- Optimizes operational quality and consistency of the IT systems in the country
- Analyzes complex IT issues and improves, changes or adapts existing methods and techniques
- Liaises with IT service providers based in the country and in other countries where services may be provided / hosted
Minimum Requirements (Education, experience and skills):
- Post-secondary degree; preferably University level in Computer Science, or Technology
- Minimum 3 years in a Leadership role
- Knowledge of EDI and API Integration Technologies
- Experience in managing IT Product Roadmaps and Project Delivery
- Experience in leading digital transformation initiatives
- Experience in Software Lifecycle Development process including requirements, design, build,, testing and release to production
- Exposure to Dev Ops, Agile, SCRUM preferred but not required
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems
- Strong understanding of end-user needs and requirements.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent writing and documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Able to conduct research into application issues and products.
- Forward thinking to support the organization in digital world
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Has a mindset and experience in process improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated ability for delivering high standard of customer service
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc.***