Career Connections Canada Inc.
'Connecting great people with great companies'
The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for the implementation of human resources activities within assigned client groups.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Act as internal consultant to the assigned client groups.
• Coach Managers on management and leadership practices to improve support of employees and enable the achievement of organizational goals.
• Participate in various business units’ operations meetings to keep abreast of recurring problems/conflicts/changing needs/successes of the organization and implement initiatives to address key issues.
• Develop and implement action plans and programs, in conjunction with the Director, Human Resources within assigned client group to ensure alignment and compatibility with overall business and HR strategies and objectives.
• Create/Improve Company HR policies and procedures to support legislative changes, consistency to streamline administration.
• Effectively manage employee relations practices to facilitate communication between managers and employees through standardized performance management and effective coaching.
• Manage the performance review process to align business goals and individual objectives for client groups, including annual goal setting, progressive discipline, reward and recognition and annual performance review process.
• Manage claims management with WSIB, STD/LTD claims for assigned client groups.
• Planning and completion of all activities related to recruitment including, interviewing, selection, and communication with job applicants, and final hiring phases for client groups.
• Coach Managers in their day to day activities ensuring compliance with all appropriate employment and human rights legislation.
• Ensure compliance with Human Rights Legislation and Employment Standards Legislation.
• Responsible for creation of employee correspondence, offer letters, performance letters and other administrative tasks to support client groups.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Undergraduate University degree combined with a CHRP designation, preferred.
• 3-5 years progressive Human Resources Generalist experience.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing Human Resources environment.
• Proven experience managing change combined with a strong business acumen and negotiation skills.
• Creative, innovative, detail oriented and demonstrates high level of initiative.
• Collaborative team player with demonstrated professional and emotional maturity and judgment to handle sensitive situations with integrity, diplomacy, tact and high ethical standards.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills combined with strong presentation and organizational abilities.
• Strong problem solving abilities required to act as internal consultant to Management and employees on all HR issues.
• Excellent customer service skills complemented with sound judgment and demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with clients at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and take action when required while maintaining focus on timely and quality completion of projects.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and HRIS systems.
• Solid knowledge of GMP practices
• Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc