Career Connections Canada Inc.
'Connecting great people with great companies'
Our pharmaceutical client in Brampton is seeking a Facilities Mechanic to join their team.
What Our Client Offers:
- A safe and clean; GMP regulated work environment
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- A competitive wage/salary
- Incentive bonus programs that are designed to reward employees for their individual contributions
- Benefit programs designed to support our employees and their families, including a comprehensive health & dental benefits package, group RRSP matching program, direct access to healthcare and well-being programs, and paid time off
- Employee training and organizational development programs including tuition reimbursement, internal mobility programs, and employee recognition programs
Responsible for carrying out all aspects of facility equipment operation, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and emergency repairs and provide support to operations for equipment repairs / maintenance. The hours of work will be during Monday-Friday for a daytime shift.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operation/maintenance of facility water systems, compressed air, steam, vacuum, chiller, tank farm and Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems.
- Perform equipment maintenance as per Preventive Maintenance (PM) schedule to minimize breakdowns and interruptions.
- Perform Mechanical and Electrical installations, modification, troubleshooting and repairs of site equipment in facilities and operations in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practices guidelines and Health, Safety & Environmental (HS&E) policies.
- Identify, recommend and implement improvements to equipment and systems to enhance productivity, quality and safety of products, processes and procedures.
- Recommend and /or initiate purchase orders for spare parts and equipment inventory according to company’s purchasing guidelines and obtain next level authorization where required.
- Fabricate and modify equipment parts when required.
- On call 24 hours when scheduled.
- Works with Facilities Manager/PM Coordinator to prioritize jobs on a daily basis.
- Complete all GMP Documentation correctly and in a timely manner
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records
- Participate in and/or lead Non-Conformance Investigations
- Complete Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA’s)
- Initiate, and follow through with actions required to close Change Controls
- Participate in Internal, Customer and Regulatory Audits.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Follow safety rules/regulations and report any workplace injuries or accidents or unsafe conditions.
- Assist with the execution of qualification and / or validation protocols for the installation, commissioning and/or operation of equipment and systems.
- Assist with Production maintenance tasks as required.
- Assist other departments as required
- Perform emergency repairs as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge and skills in the safe and effective use of hand, power and machine tools and welding.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience of building systems operation.
- Knowledge and experience of purified water system operation and maintenance.
- cGMP knowledge as related to facility and equipment maintenance.
- Problem solving ability for emergency repairs.
- Ability to use time effectively and focus on current tasks
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes)
Background and Experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) license
- Minimum 5 years related, pharmaceutical plant work experience
- Strong knowledge of machine repairs and maintenance, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, instrumentation, compressed air, steam and Hot Water Heater (HWH) closed loop systems.
- Trouble shooting system and equipment operating problems to determine actions required to rectify the problems
- Effectively and safely decide when a higher or more specialized level of expertise is required to resolve a problem.
- Decide when an item cannot be repaired cost effectively or safely and must be replaced.
- Assigning task priorities to address break down and emergency repairs.
- Clean pharmaceutical plant working conditions.
- Exposure to dust, dirt and water during system repairs and maintenance.
- Outdoors work on roof mounted equipment, building structure and snow clearing and salting around entrance doors.
- High and low temperatures may be experienced during outdoor work.
- Safety equipment/ protection required when working
- Work scheduled will vary occasionally to accommodate maintenance, repairs and alterations with least production downtime possible.
- Some heavy lifting may be required (above 75lbs)
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc.***