Career Connections Canada Inc.
'Connecting great people with great companies'
Our Pharmaceutical client is seeking Compounding Technicians to join their team.
Salary Range: $47,000.00-$48,000.00 per year
· Clean & Safe Work Environment.
· Opportunity to grow.
· Competitive Salary.
· Good Benefits Package, including Health, Dental, Vacation, Sick days, etc.
We have adapted our recruitment strategy to ensure our staff and applicants are safe by conducting our interviews and onboarding online.
Other measures the company has put into place include (but are not limited to):
· Staggering employee shifts to reduce the size of work groups
· Modifying our cafeteria space to enhance social distancing, the implementation of additional cleaning and sanitization routines
· Robust self-assessment and screening tools
· Non-surgical masks for employees working in GMP areas
· Travel restrictions
· Strict visitor screening protocol
It is important to note that while these are our protocols at this time, they are subject to change based on guidelines and regulations put in place by local and global government agencies.
Manufactures product as per patient, customer and company requirements while working within a team environment. Responsible and accountable for executing all manufacturing activities of the Batch Manufacturing Records (BMaRs),
manual and automated Clean in Place process and Steam in Place process. Perform manual cleaning of all compounding equipment and manufacturing rooms as per associated standard operating procedures. Implement all department
requirements as directed by the Dept. Supervisors, while following all S.W.P, G.M.P.’s, S.O.D.’s and Company policies/ regulations and remains aligned to the Company Strategic Objectives.
Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice and Standard Operating Procedures. Possess multi-tasking skills to achieve daily compounding schedule. Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment. Performs all work in support of our Corporate Values of Collaboration, Courage, Perseverance and Passion; Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values.
1. Perform all duties according to the SODs, GMPs and all other established safety standards and company policies
2. Notify Production Supervisor in the event of a departure from procedure, product defect, safety incident or other non-conformance event observed
3. Recommends amendments to existing SODs for improvements
4. Participate in audits in order to promote a culture of department compliance
5. Participate in incidents or non-conformance investigations to identify and correct root causes
6. Ensure that company policies and regulations/procedures with respect to safety/quality compliance are implemented and followed
Productivity and Equipment:
Experience in Compounding in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing environment would be an added advantage
Mechanical experience in Setting up of manufacturing equipment, Assembling & Disassembling Experience in maintenance and repair of machines following SOP’s
1. Safely operate all required equipment and machinery including those used to manufacture, store, clean and transport production related assets
2. Effectively process batches within specifications to meet department batch execution targets by ensuring optimal cycle time in support of schedule adherence Dismantle, clean, sanitize and assemble processing equipment according to established SODs to ensure GMP compliance and meet department changeover targets in support of reliability and productivity goals
3. Prepare and control process unit for start-up, shutdown and demonstrates troubleshooting skills. Ability to adjust equipment, valves, pumps and process equipment for maintenance.
4. Batch Operations and Change Over targets are consistently achieved in part due to the Technician’s demonstrated ability to perform test, record data, carry out statistical process control on process operations and populate/write production log.
5. Understands, operate automated systems (Clean In Place & Steam In Place) with the use of Human Machine Interface/Computerized control panels as per applicable procedures.
6. Execute applicable SAP transactions accurately and in a timely manner.
7. Identifies and helps eliminate potential barriers in an effort to reduce downtime
8. If required, complete reliability sheet documentation accurately and in a timely manner
9. Ensure the proper selection, care and use of tools, parts and equipment while performing all job-related duties
1. Shows team work by assuming responsibility for team goal setting to contribute to team’s performance on a daily
2. Contributes to on-going team growth and success in support of team and department goals
3. Communicates effectively both verbally and written, in English
4. Identifies Continuous Improvement (CI) and helps implement action steps to optimize and improve efficiency rates, changeover times and product quality for existing and new products
5. Shows positive comprehension during training and can effectively execute process
6. Encourages and motivates others to succeed and improve
7. Acts as a manufacturing representative when dealing with cross-functional teams regarding validation, process optimization and problem solving
8. Participates in department projects or initiatives and actively contributes in team meetings and other team-related activities by providing positive feedback for process improvement
9. Perform any related duties as assigned
1. Minimum High School diploma.
2. Experience in the pharmaceutical manufacturing environment executing manufacturing instructions and using automated Clean In Place & Steam In Place systems is preferred.
3. Demonstrated ability to be a team player in a dynamic, fast phased manufacturing environment.
4. Demonstrated ability to utilize computerized /automated systems, computer software packages including e-mail, Excel, Word
5. Possess strong mechanical aptitude.
6. Demonstrated ability to facilitate the exchange of information among the team during bulk manufacturing.
7. Strong two-way communication and listening skills.
8. Understanding of cGMP and ability to work in accordance with all departmental requirements.
9. Able to lift between 5 to 20 kg and must be able to bend, reach, push/pull mobile equipment, bulk tank for duration of shift.
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc.