The main responsibilities of this position include cleaning, setting up and operating manufacturing equipment as part of the process of compounding pharmaceutical creams, ointments and liquids. The ideal candidate will be available for rotating shifts.
3 shift rotation every 2 weeks
Days – Monday to Friday inclusive from 6:00 a.m. through to 2:00 p.m.
Afternoons – Monday to Friday inclusive from 2:00 p.m. through to 10:00 p.m.
Nights – Monday at 10:00 p.m. through to Saturday at 6:00 a.m. (inclusive)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Complete G.M.P. documents, such as the Batch Record, cleaning & sanitizing logs, housekeeping logs and other documents / log records pertaining to manufacturing.
- Follow safety rules/regulations and report any workplace injuries or accidents. Assist when required to improve equipment safety related procedures. Wash and sanitize compounding rooms and vessels.
- Compounding batches as per SOP’s and Master Formulas. Report discrepancies and deviations in a timely manner to compounding lead hand or supervisor.
- Dispense raw materials when required.
- Perform accurate inventory transactions using the ERP system, BPCS.
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment. Familiar with 5S processes and Lean Manufacturing Concepts.
- Participate and assist with continuous improvement projects and processes.
- Work safely and accurately with a focus on completing tasks and documentation right first time.
- Assist with the training of new compounders.
- Perform start-up and shutdown procedures for all vessels.
- Perform minor repairs to the facility and equipment where applicable.
- Perform verification checks for equipment (scales, mixers, pH meters) used in manufacturing as per predefine time periods.
- Assist Validation or Pharmaceutical Technology staff with new formulations and scale ups.
- Assist with investigations where necessary.
- Notify compounding lead hand and mechanic in a timely manner if equipment parts and compounding consumables are low in quantity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Post Secondary education in scientific discipline is preferred or 5 years of experience in a pharmaceutical environment.
- Excellent math skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes. Must be comfortable with use of tablets and trainable on associated programs (MES, SAP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate and work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Strong understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (G.M.P.) requirements.
- Must be able to actively listen and receive coaching and applicable training.
* Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc.