Career Connections Canada Inc.
"connecting great people with great companies"
The main responsibility of this position is to generate accurate results while following GMP requirements. Responsible for analyzing laboratory samples using various chemical and instrumental techniques, in accordance with established compendial and in-house testing methods, while under minimum supervision.
Salary: $40,000 to $53,000 depending on experience and qualifications
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Testing of in-process, bulk, finished product, stability samples and raw materials by TLC, UV, IR, HPLC and GC and wet chemistry techniques as per SOP.
- Document test results as per SOP and GMP
- Recognizes OOS or out of trend results and under the direction of the Supervisor assists in the completion of lab investigations
- Interpret data, communicate results and complete written reports
- Complete all GMP documentation correctly and in a timely manner
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records
- Conduct (participate or lead) routine laboratory and Non-Conformance Investigations
- Initiate and follow through with actions required to close Change Controls
- Evaluate methods and procedures and suggest improvements and changes as required
- Disposes of waste solvents and orders any chemicals or laboratory supplies as required
- Flexibility to shift start time and occasional overtime
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to apply knowledge of chemistry, math, instrumentation and statistics to complete tasks
- Proficiency in various techniques and operation of instrumentation (pH meter, viscometer, Karl Fisher apparatus, UV IR spectrophotometer, Chromatography instruments)
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment
- Proficiency with applicable software (LIMs and Empower)
- Strong organizational, analytical and multi-tasking ability
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly with analytical records, reports and investigations
- Understanding of GMP’s
- Sc. or equivalent
- Minimum 1 – 3 years experience in Pharmaceutical Laboratory environment preferred
- Routine problems and decisions.
** Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc.