Career Connections Canada Inc. strives to meet the needs of its employees and customers with disabilities and is working diligently to remove and prevent barriers to accessibility.
Our organization is committed to fulfilling the requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. This accessibility plan outlines the steps Career Connections Canada Inc.is taking to meet those requirements and to improve opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
As other provinces and territories develop their own accessibility legislation, Career Connections Canada Inc. will ensure that our accessibility activities meet or exceed compliance requirements in all areas for all employees, regardless of location.
Career Connections Canada Inc.is committed to a framework for change that begins with articulating a vision of inclusion based on research and self-reflection. We will implement strategies, policies, and practices inspired by that vision, including addressing the organization’s public image and information (communications). We will continuously improve through an on-going process of evaluation and change.
An inclusive approach will be thoroughly integrated into the organization’s on-going activities, operations, and relationships. Career Connections Canada Inc.will make every effort to identify and remove barriers to inclusion.
Career Connections Canada Inc.is committed to employment diversity with respect to all aspects of employment. Accordingly, all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, employee development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of employment, will be made without regard to race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical and mental disability, age, ancestry or place of origin.
Career Connections Canada Inc. will make every effort to make its employee workforce representative and reflective of the communities in which its services are provided. The Career Connections Canada Inc. will endeavour to ensure that the workplace, all policies, procedures, and practices are free of deliberate or unintentional (systemic) barriers so that no one is disadvantaged.
Our Human Resources department is embarking on the development of a new 3-year strategy to build on current accessibility achievements. This new strategy will enhance training, access to information and strengthen our commitment through action.
Section One: Past Achievements to Remove and Prevent Barriers
Below are some highlights from past accessibility initiatives. They have incorporated compliance to legislation and set the baseline for our new accessibility plan.
- Provided accessible materials to clients in appropriate formats
- Ensured that access to physical locations met legislated accessibility requirements
- Implemented client suggestions to improve accessibility offerings
Information and Communications
- Ensured that clients, employees, and the general public are aware of our accessibility offerings
- Provided information regarding service outages, planned construction, and alternative access points
- Provided a dedicated contact for information and issues
- Worked with employees on customized return to work programs
- Offered accessibility equipment/assistive devices to staff as required
- Provided materials in accessible formats upon request at all stages of the employment, from applicants to accommodation requests for existing employees
- Training new and existing employees on the Ontario human rights and accessibility laws.
Section Two: Strategies and Actions
The following plan outlines the accessibility commitment and actions of the organization. More detailed information on the activities and objectives are outlined in the Human Resources 3-year strategy on accessibility in the workplace.
Career Connections Canada Inc.is committed to providing accessible customer service to people with disabilities. This means that we will provide services to people with disabilities with the same high quality and timeliness as others.
- Review and plan actions items from results of annual client survey.
Provide information and tools to clients as required to fulfill accessibility requests.
- Incorporate feedback from all sources, formal and informal in to planning activities for each year to enhance client services.
- Provide active offer to clients on accessibility options and services,
Track service outages and proactively notify clients of alternative strategies until resolved.
Information and Communications
Career Connections Canada Inc.is committed to making our information and communications accessible to people with disabilities.
- Employee Survey on accessibility.
- Client Survey on accessibility.
- Annual communication from the President on commitment to accessibility.
- Reminders from Human Resources to managers and employees about accessibility rights and obligations.
- All accessibility information posted on intranet with frequent updates to align with best practices and legislative compliance.
Review of client and employee accessibility request tracking to identify gaps and trends for the upcoming planning year.
- Submit accessibility report to senior management for review, action, and inclusion in the organization’s annual report as applicable.
- Posting of initial accessibility plan on the website as well as annual updates on progress.
Career Connections Canada Inc.is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Job advertisements will indicate that the organization will meet the needs of people with disabilities, including receiving job postings and descriptions in alternative formats and accommodations as it relates to the interview process. Candidates will also be asked upon hire if they require any workplace accommodation in order to support them in their new role, and the appropriate resources will be provided.
Employees have a right to a fully accessible workplace. Career Connections Canada Inc.is committed to an accessible workplace and will collaborate with employees to ensure that they have the tools and support necessary to be successful at work.
- Review and refresh existing accessibility policies to ensure compliance in all areas and seek enhancements to improve employee experience based on industry best practices and employee feedback.
- Audit of Employee HR templates to ensure compliance and seek enhancements to improve the employee experience.
- Provide active offers to all potential candidates regarding accessibility at all stages of the recruitment process.
- Provide dedicated, on-going support to employees to ensure that employees have the necessary accessibility tools to be successful at work.
Active offer by managers to all employees to ensure that employees are aware of tools and support for accessibility.
Career Connections Canada Inc.is committed to providing training in the requirements of Ontario’s accessibility laws and the Ontario Human Rights Code as it applies to people with disabilities.
- Implementation of Learning Management System (LMS) and new AODA training courses.
- New module/refresher training.
- Requirement for accessibility objectives for all management as part of performance management expectations.
- Annual review of training results to ensure compliance to targets.
- Environmental scan and review of industry best practices to ensure that accessibility training is best in class and is in compliance with legislation.
Design of Public Spaces
Career Connections Canada Inc.is committed to ensuring that our work premises are accessible to everyone. Where there are plans to renovate existing locations or secure new office space, we will ensure that accessibility is at the forefront of design. At a minimum, we will inspect our physical locations annually to ensure compliance with legislation and look for opportunities to enhance accessibility.
Career Connections Canada Inc. will continue to ensure that procedures are in place to prevent service disruptions to the accessible parts of our public spaces and provide the necessary alternatives should a disruption occur.
- Review of public and employee spaces to ensure alignment with legislation.
- Review Client and Employee surveys to identify opportunities to enhance accessibility.
- Refer any feedback received from clients and employees on an on-going basis to ensure that enhancements to physical locations are communicated to Operations for planning and implementation in addition to annual inspections.
- 3-year Accessibility Strategy Refresh.
- Accessibility Annual Report.
For More Information
For more information on this accessibility plan or to request accessible forms of this or other documents, please contact the HR Department at Resume@careerconnectionsinc.com.