- February 28, 2018
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Our client located in Etobicoke, ON is actively looking for a qualified candidate for this 3 month contract.
- Act as a recruitment advisor to the company managers and supervisors.
- Partner with hiring leaders to support recruitment activities. This includes developing an understanding of their business area, job openings, and their short and longer term hiring requirements.
- Source candidates for high volume, co-op and entry level/junior roles, using candidate databases, social media, educational institutions, referrals, etc.
- Establish and maintain relationships with educational institutions to facilitate the placement of co-op students.
- Ensure that the company job postings are accurate, professional, and attractive to candidates. Apply a marketing mind-set and exceptional writing skills in the preparation of job postings for viewing by an external audience.
- Post positions on relevant online job boards. Recommend the utilization of additional sourcing avenues as appropriate, in consultation with the Supervisor, Talent Acquisition.
- Independently prepare appropriate messaging, and reach out to passive candidates to encourage their interest in the company opportunities.
- Screen resumes based on job requirements and in accordance with the Internal Job Posting Program and applicable legislation, ensuring only qualified candidates are presented to the hiring leader.
- Interview independently, or with hiring manager, utilizing an established interview guide and applying behaviour based interviewing techniques for all assigned job openings.
- Make appropriate hiring recommendations, including compensation recommendations, in conjunction with the hiring leader to ensure we are attracting the best talent to the organization. Escalate any concerns with recommendations to the Supervisor, Talent Acquisition.
- Make verbal and written job offers including preparing offer as per established process and ensuring that all reference checks and other requirements are completed. Positively communicate the company’s value proposition and effectively negotiate as needed.
- Conduct all “post offer” activities including providing timely follow up and feedback where required to both internal and external candidates; and complete all required administrative activities including communication as required to Canada Compensation and Payroll etc.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Diligence; Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values.
- Perform all work in accordance with all established regulatory and compliance and safety requirements.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Human Resources
- CHRL designation or working towards completion preferred
- 2 years’ work experience in a Recruiter role.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer relationship management skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team to achieve expected outcomes
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to respectfully and tactfully interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office programs and familiarity with an Applicant Tracking System and HRIS.
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections
Submit Your Resume
To connect call – (905) 281-3538