- February 07, 2018
Senior Sourcing Manager
- Responsible for the strategic sourcing of welding and welding related products from global and domestic sources for resale through the company’s business
- Managing complex commodities sourcing with a managed spend of greater than $100MM.
- Develop, assist, lead and implement sourcing initiatives to promote continuous cost improvement on welding related product
- Interact with Product Management, the Regional Sales team, Material and Store Managers and Corporate metal-Fabrication Staff to assist, manage, and execute projects that improve the profitability of the company
- Lead commodity sourcing of complex commodities by understanding commodity supply market economics and competitive structure of targeted suppliers and industries.
- Lead sourcing strategy development for Hardgoods; work with Product Management team to insure competitive bidding consistent with the Business strategy developed.
- Utilizes information to build business relationships with suppliers on a regional basis as a source of sustainable competitive advantage to the company
- Extracts relevant data from diverse sources.
- Utilizes cross functional sourcing team approach to develop and implement sourcing strategies specific to the assigned commodities.
- May develop and evaluate company commodity specifications and performance metrics with client businesses and suppliers.
- Responsible for supplier management process with critical suppliers.
- May use total cost of ownership levers to achieve cost reduction, cycle time reduction, improved service, and increased reliability and productivity improvements.
- Develops key metrics, forecasting and spend/save reports with the objective of enhancing the understanding of terms and market activity.
- May conduct supplier workshops to secure competitive knowledge and latest technology.
- Creates and negotiates complex supply agreements consistent with the company’s business interests.
- Manages one direct report which includes coaching and assisting with data analysis and reporting.
- Reporting to the Procurement Hardgoods Associate Director
- MBA and/or Professional Certification (i.e. CPM) is an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Procurement, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Business, Engineering or related fields preferred
- 8 -10 years in Procurement, Sales and/or Business related
- 5+ years’ experience in metal fabrication, welding and/or gases industry is desirable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Six Sigma is an asset
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Must be a strong self-directed professional with the ability to work effectively in a fast paced demanding environment with the ability to handle multi-tasks, and follow-through.
- Have a strong ability to network externally, and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven self-management, influencing and leadership skills.
- Must have highly developed interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, and customer focus skills.
- Travel, principally domestic, but some international will may be required.
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections
Submit Your Resume
To connect call – (905) 281-3538