- March 06, 2018
Senior Customs Rater
Our logistics client located in Montreal, QC is actively looking for a qualified candidate to fill this full time permanent role.
- HS Tariff classifications using the Harmonized System and Explanatory notes to classify products and commodities
- Liaison with Steamship Lines, Air Carriers to establish shipment status
- Assist customers with customs processes in all modes of transport
- Communicate with CBSA officers regarding customs regulations and clearances.
- Assist customers with customs issues by email or telephone.
- Audit and review customs entries to ensure correct information
- Request and verify supporting documentation for compliance purposes.
- Analyze relationship between the vendor and importer; choose correct valuation method to calculate customs duty, GST, Excise tax and SIMA.
- Follow up with warehouse and trucking company to ensure released shipments delivered without delay.
- Coordinate with clients and carriers to expedite shipments.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of Customs rating & Releasing knowledge Experience
- Well-organized, ambitious and client service oriented
- Good familiarity with HS/Cadex/Across/ACE/PARS and other current initiatives· Good Excel/MS Office skills expected
- Data entry (open customers’ files, validate information, credit and invoicing)
- Experience in collecting supplementary information or documentation as needed from customers, CBSA, carriers and other government departments (OGD); CFFIA
- Identify customer’s profiles discrepancies, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to work in an fast pace and stressful business environment
- Proactive attitude in following up issues with customers, CBSA, carriers.
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication and problem solving skills
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections
Submit Your Resume
To connect call – (905) 281-3538