- January 31, 2018
Ocean Import Agent
- Develops relationship with allocated customers
- Accepts all orders (from customer or overseas office) and processes them
- Proactively informs customer on shipment status, exceptions, and provides intermediate updates on incident solution
- Takes and registers all customer complaints
- Drives solution of customer complaints by solving it directly or assigning tasks to other function
- Coordinating the importation of cargo with required origin stations carriers, customs brokers, and other applicable parties.
- Ensure clients, or other required parties are kept fully informed of transport arrangements & status through regular tracing & pre-advising of shipments.
- Communicate as required with applicable parties to ensure service requirements are achieved.
- Prepare issue & submit necessary documents to ensure satisfactory importation of cargo.
- Issue shipping instructions to company partners where necessary.
- Ensure invoicing of rendered services is completed accurately & in a timeframe consistent with the customer and company’s requirements
- Ensure accurate distribution of costs
- Timely & accurate approval of vendor invoices
- All other task required by the supervisor
- Proficient knowledge of World geography, import documentation, & Inco terms
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Diligent attention to detail
- Professional & courteous phone manner
- Ability to solve logistical problems as necessary
- Completion of C.I.F.F.A. & dangerous goods courses an asset
- Bilingual in English and French
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections
Submit Your Resume
To connect call – (905) 281-3538