- June 12, 2017
International Accounts Receivable
Our pharmaceutical client is looking for an experienced candidate for this 3 month contract.
- Responsible for daily communication between key customers and key account management within organization to ensure reconciliations of accounts are maintained as well as schedules and ensures appropriate follow-up calls are made.
- Consult with the Sales Managers when reviewing potential customers. Outline potential risks, process credit references and reports as needed, and recommend credit terms to the controller.
- Negotiate and manage routine transactions regarding problem accounts and business partner issues.
- Develop and manage working relationships with Sales management in regards to effectively servicing key accounts.
- Analyse accounts purchasing and payment habits and assess risk in order to make sound decisions on the collectability of accounts. Third party agencies reporting used to supplement the decision making process.
- Consistent professional communication with business partners, either verbally, or by generating letters/spreadsheets on Microsoft Word or Excel dealing with issues and discrepancies.
- Reviews, approves and releases orders, backorders and product returns.
- Liaise with business personnel regarding problem accounts and account reconciliation.
- Maintain the Master Data regarding terms of payment and credit limit.
- Send customers our Temp Plates for the Letters of Credit. Set up and process Letters of credit into SAP. Write to the customers and inform them of any amendments that are required
- Produce all the documents for the bank and send the presentation to the financial institutions.
- Set up and process documentary collection through financial institutions to eliminate credit risk. Consult with the Area Managers on the transaction requirements. (Documents, terms, conditions, obligations, financial tools)
- Provide international sales staff with current trade tools and knowledge to effectively minimize credit risk.
- Perform collection calls to customer accounts throughout the international market and document communication events.
- Collaborate with the Area Managers on accounts receivable issues and customer account status. Review on going concerns with Director.
- Communicate with financial institutions on L/Cs terms. Ensure all discrepancies are eliminated within a specific time frame.
- Follow up with Traffic Co-ordinators to ensure documents are accurate and within the terms outlined in the L/C.
- Process all direct collection letters to ensure all payments are received upon maturity.
- Maintain and revise the international credit policies and procedures manual.
- Apply payments to customer accounts. Ensuring that all payments are applied within the month.
- Maintain monthly accounts receivable reports, advancing, declining, over due, Status.
- Assist Customer Service with A/R related inquires and follow- to resolve concerns or discrepancies.
- Works as a member of a team to achieve all outcomes.
- Performs all work in support of our Corporate Values of Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Diligence; Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values.
- Performs all work in accordance with all established regulatory and compliance and safety requirements.
- Perform additional duties and functions as required.
- Post Secondary education in a related field
- Superior organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, problem solving skills, and must be detail oriented
- 1-3 years of accounts receivable experience
- Must have experience working in an SAP environment
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections
Submit Your Resume
To connect call – (905) 281-3538