- February 28, 2018
Incoming Associate, Quality Assurance
Our client located in Brampton, ON is looking for a candidate to fill this 4 month contract position.
The main responsibility of this position is to perform the sampling and inspection of raw materials, packaging components, incoming bulks and contract or imported finished goods. This role is required to comply with company policies and procedures, as well as to ensure Canadian and FDA regulations are maintained in areas of responsibility and to report deviations where required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sample, physically inspect and perform required tests on packaging components, ensuring documentation is complete, accurate and correct prior to forwarding to QA for review and disposition.
- Visually inspect, sample and perform required tests on incoming raw materials, bulks and contract manufactured finished goods as per SOPs, ensuring documentation received and prepared is complete, accurate and correct.
- Provide daily updates to the ELB database on daily activities and provide rationale for delays ensuring the estimated timeframes are met where possible.
- Perform routine monitoring and data collection of warehouse temperatures.
- Perform inspection and assessment of returned goods.
- Perform routine calibrations of weigh scales, gauges and other miscellaneous testing equipment within the established timeframes.
- Perform non-routine sampling and/or inspection for retest, investigations, etc.
- Prepare retention samples of new receipts of raw materials.
- Prepare, review and update written procedures in areas of responsibility.
- Complete all GMP and LIMS Documentation correctly and in a timely manner.
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records.
- Participate in deviation investigations, as appropriate.
- Complete Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA’s), as assigned.
- Initiate, and follow through with actions required to close Change Controls, as assigned.
- Participate in Internal, Customer and Regulatory Audits, as needed
- Move skids with powered lift truck, where required
- Communicates discrepancies to Supervisor, QA or other departments (i.e. Warehouse, MM, purchasing, engineering dept.) where required with specific details and proposed next steps.
- Work efficiently and professionally with other departments to proactively build quality into related processes and systems.
- Other duties as required
- Routine problem solving (i.e. establishing multiple sampling and inspection priorities on a daily basis); investigate concerns determining root cause and recommending corrective action to move the situation forward (i.e. damaged goods, multiple manufacturer’s lots received under one receiving lot number)
- Any deviations to procedures, specifications or systems are brought to the Supervisor’s attention with logic, data and possible corrective measures
- Bachelor’s Degree in science related discipline
- Previous sampling and inspecting experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of/previous exposure and application of Canadian and FDA GMPs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with key areas/departments.
- Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate effective interaction with co-workers and other departments
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills to organize daily events to meet department requirements and company business needs.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and prioritize workload.
- Training in WHMIS.
- Powered Pallet Lift training and experience is an asset.
** Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc..
Submit Your Resume
To connect call – (905) 281-3538