- January 04, 2018
Human Resources Business Partner
Our client located in Brampton, ON is actively looking for a strong, qualified candidate to fill this 1 year contract position.
- Act as internal consultant to the assigned client groups.
- Coach Managers on management and leadership practices to improve support of employees and enable the achievement of organizational goals.
- Participate in various business units’ operations meetings to keep abreast of recurring problems/conflicts/changing needs/successes of the organization and implement initiatives to address key issues.
- Develop and implement action plans and programs, in conjunction with the Director, Human Resources within assigned client group to ensure alignment and compatibility with overall business and HR strategies and objectives.
- Create/Improve Company HR policies and procedures to support legislative changes, consistency to streamline administration.
- Effectively manage employee relations practices to facilitate communication between managers and employees through standardized performance management and effective coaching.
- Manage the performance review process to align business goals and individual objectives for client groups, including annual goal setting, progressive discipline, reward and recognition and annual performance review process.
- Manage claims management with WSIB, STD/LTD claims for the company, for assigned client groups.
- Where required, facilitate the delivery of training programs.
- Planning and completion of all activities related to recruitment including, interviewing, selection, and communication with job applicants, and final hiring phases for client groups.
- Coach Managers in their day to day activities ensuring compliance with all appropriate employment and human rights legislation.
- Participate in various health and safety activities, offering assistance to the Health, Safety and Environment team, to ensure a high awareness of employee safety is maintained within client group.
- Ensure compliance with Human Rights Legislation and Employment Standards Legislation.
- Backup for HRIS and monthly reporting.
- Interact with HR Department in the US where required.
- Responsible for creation of employee correspondence, offer letters, performance letters and other administrative tasks to support client groups.
- Participates in the coordination of employee events for the site and across the company.
- Assists other client groups where required.
- University degree combined with a CHRP designation, preferred.
- 5-7 years experience as a Human Resources Generalist
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is a strong asset
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Experience managing change combined with a strong business acumen and negotiation skills.
- Creative, innovative, detail oriented and demonstrates high level of initiative.
- Collaborative team player with demonstrated professional and emotional maturity and judgment to handle sensitive situations with integrity, diplomacy, tact and high ethical standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Strong presentation and organizational abilities.
- Strong problem solving abilities required to act as internal consultant to Management and employees on all HR issues.
- Excellent customer service skills complemented with sound judgment and demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with clients at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and take action when required while maintaining focus on timely and quality completion of projects.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and HRIS systems.
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections
Submit Your Resume
To connect call – (905) 281-3538