- June 12, 2017
The main responsibility of this position is to assist with the movement of both inventory and non-inventory items within the Warehouse.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preliminary counts and inspections on inbound goods from vendors and complete associated paperwork.
- Input inventory items (packaging components, raw materials, labels, API’s and outside processed bulk and finished goods) into internal inventory management system and print for audit trail as per standard operating procedures.
- Utilize RF Bar Code system to enter data into internal inventory management system in the receiving process, where applicable, print and apply bar code labels on inventory receipts.
- Maintain the receiving log books as required for internal controls.
Fork Lift Operator
- Pick raw materials, packaging components and/or bulk product per pick lists as needed to support production requirements and record all movements via RF Gun.
- Operate a Fork Lift and/or a Pallet Truck as appropriate in picking and supplying components, bulk inventory, raw materials and actives for production or other routine material movements.
- Perform put-aways of packaging components, raw materials and/or bulk product into rack locations or designated storage areas and record all these movements via RF Gun.
- Perform Cycle Counts as required.
- Load/unload trucks as required.
- Record all material movement transactions via RF Gun.
- Drive the 5 ton Truck when moving material between facilities
- Operate Fork Lifts and/or Pallet trucks when loading and unloading the Truck and picking/supplying components, bulk inventory, raw materials and actives to the Packaging and Compounding departments as per shop packets.
- Move packaging components, raw materials (excipients) and active pharmaceutical ingredients around within the warehouses including into rack locations and record all movements via RF bar code scanners.
- Pallet wrapping as required.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unload vendor trucks
- Transfer raw materials and actives to Q.A. sampling area, when required.
- Process returns from packaging and compounding.
- Ship out Vendor Returns and material disposal shipments.
- General Housekeeping duties as assigned including sweeping and rack dusting.
- Provide back-up support to the Distribution (Pick/Pack) operation as needed.
- Support Distribution (pick/pack) operation when high order volumes or short staffing situations arise as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Secondary School / High School Diploma.
- Minimum 2 years of experience within a warehouse environment. Prior pharmaceutical environment experience is strongly preferred.
- Valid Ontario Drivers License in good standing is required.
- Fork lift truck certification is required: Ride on Walkie, Deep Reach, Counter Balance and Pallet Truck.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs objects and handle 200 kg drums using supplied equipment.
- Previous receiving experience and five ton truck driving experience are assets.
- Strong emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail is required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines and prioritize work load is essential.
- Strong mathematical aptitude.
- Successful candidates must be safety consciousness.
- Good communication (written and verbal) skills combined with good organizational skills.
- Computer literate (Excel, Word).
- Flexibility to work overtime on an as required basis.
- WHMIS training and Transportation of Dangerous Goods training are beneficial.
** Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc..
Submit Your Resume
To connect call – (905) 281-3538