- June 12, 2017
Forklift Operator/ Shipping & Receiving
Our client located in Mississauga, ON is looking for an experience candidate for this part-time role. The hours are Monday- Friday from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- Receive incoming shipments and compare items to the work orders provided
- Perform incoming inspection on items received.
- Record damaged or defective items and replace them according to company policies
- Count order items to ensure that the correct number have been received
- Look through work orders to determine order picking activities and pick orders according to the specific instructions provided
- Band, barcode and repackage items for shipment.
- Assist in loading and unloading trucks and determining safe ways of stacking items on the truck and retrieving items in a safe manner
- Organize finished goods (various product types) area ensuring safety and good housekeeping
- Ascertain that all incoming and outgoing shipments are properly labeled and that correlating documents are available with each shipment
- Select the method of transportation utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates
- Schedule transportation conveyances, prepare waybills, and other shipping and customs documents.
- Conduct inventory cycle counts and reconciliations as required
- Maintain and organize appropriate shipping/receiving records in the computer database
- Track status of shipments and follow-up with customers
- Deliver and pickup items from local vendors utilizing the company vehicle
- Maintain the tidiness of the warehouse and shop
- Perform documented daily lift truck inspection (daily pre-start)
- Operate floor scrubber and general cleanup of facility.
- Support service technicians with sandblasting, painting and equipment cleaning.
- Construct wooden crates, and pallets for stock lumber supply
- High School Diploma
- Experience from working in a manufacturing facility preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in shipping/ receiving role.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs
- Knowledge of online FedEx/UPS/Purolator software
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft word, adobe and outlook office.
- General carpentry skills.
- Valid G License, clean driving record
- Counter balance fork lift certification
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections
Submit Your Resume
To connect call – (905) 281-3538