- July 21, 2017
Customs Release Agent
Responsible to ensure shipments are released in a timely & accurate manner adhering to all governmental policy and regulations and all confirming entries are submitted within the prescribed time limits. Review all shipment documents for accuracy.
- Enter all required information for electronic release or prepare paper RMD package for manual release.
- Handle client & internal inquiries relating to customs product
- Follow up to ensure shipments are released within acceptable time frames.
- Provide delivery instructions as required.
- Complete all post release functions to insure transaction is confirmed within the prescribed time limits.
- Perform other duties as needed or requested by management.
- Validate NAFTA Certificates of Origin for accurate data.
- Perform quality control review of specified clients’ entries
- Ensure customs procedures are adhered to.
- Liaison between clients, operational & sales staff
- Minimum post-secondary education.
- Minimum of 2 years of Customs rating & Releasing knowledge Experience
- Attainment of qualified person status of C.S.C.B
- Well-organized, ambitious and client service oriented
- Good familiarity with HS/Cadex/Across/ACE/PARS and other current initiatives
- Strong Excel/MS Office skills expected
- Proactive attitude in following up issues with customers, CBSA, carriers.
- Good analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Some shift work may be required
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections
Submit Your Resume
To connect call – (905) 281-3538