- October 30, 2017
Responsible to insure shipments are released in a timely & accurate manner adhering to all governmental policy and regulations and all confirming entries are submitted within the prescribed time limits. Regular interaction with customers and vendors via telephone and email is a must.
- HS Tariff classifications using the Harmonized System to classify to products and commodities
- Liaison with Steamship Lines, Air Carriers to establish shipment status
- Assist customers with customs processes in all modes of transport
- Communicate with CBSA officers regarding customs regulations and clearances.
- Assist customers with customs issues by email or telephone.
- Register and set up Import Business codes for new clients.
- Audit and review customs entries to ensure correct information
- Request and verify supporting documentation for compliance purposes
- Analyze relationship between the vendor and importer; choose correct valuation method to calculate customs duty, GST, Excise tax and SIMA.
- Follow up with warehouse and trucking company to ensure released shipments delivered without delay.· Coordinate with clients and carriers to expedite shipments
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of Customs rating & Releasing knowledge Experience
- Well-organized, ambitious and client service oriented
- Solid familiarity with HS/Cadex/Across/ACE/PARS and other current initiatives
- Strong Excel/MS Office skills
- Data entry (open customers’ files, validate information, credit and invoicing)
- Experience in collecting supplementary information or documentation as needed from customers, CBSA, carriers and other government departments (OGD); CFIA
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proactive attitude in following up issues with customers, CBSA, carriers.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections
Submit Your Resume
To connect call – (905) 281-3538