- October 31, 2017
Customer Accounting Analyst
- Co-ordinate with Sales and Key Account Management to ensure customer eligibility, Personal Allowance percentages and other payment information is current
- Liaise with IT and Sales to ensure that IMS and Wholesaler Data has been uploaded and validated
- Coordinate with Sales and KA Managements and customers any additions/deletion/modifications of customer accounts
- Prepare and distribute quarterly non-key account deal sheets
- Review Deal Sheets and upon appropriate approval prepare for SQL upload
- Validate PA percentages, sales and payments submitted for key accounts, buy groups and independents and/or calculate payments due and distribute to appropriate regional sales managers for approval
- Reconcile monthly/quarterly customer payments as required
- Distribute non-key account payment reporting to Territory and Regional Managers
- Track payments to ensure all payments are made with required timeframes
- Prepare Government Reports (Quebec)
- Calculate monthly, the outstanding liability for Professional Allowances and other payments made through the cheque printing program
- Assist in the appropriate accounting for all deductions by segregating cheque runs accordingly
- Prepare deduction reporting on a product by product basis for budgeting and other purposes
- Analyze and explain significant monthly/quarterly changes in PA Index and customer PA payments
- Periodically analyze actual vs. estimated payments by customer and adjust estimates and accruals accordingly
- Design and implement new reports (using Cognos or Excel) to satisfy user requirements
- Assist the Manager Customer Accounting or designate on a project by project basis in a project lead or support roles, as required.
- Responsible for maintaining internal controls and for implementing Sarbanes-Oxley upgrades
- Participates in quarterly and annual reviews/audits as required
- Share responsibility for daily Cash Reporting with the Financial Accountant.
- Reconcile cash sheet to the general ledger, bank statements, and to the cash reporting on a monthly basis
- Follow-up with customers on outstanding balances and other accounts receivable related issues.
- Follow-up internally with sales and customer service on process and/or customer related issues
- Input into and key team member facilitating changes to business processes
- Complete all GMP Documentation correctly and in a timely manner
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records
- Participate in and/or lead Non Conformance Investigations
- Complete Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA’s)
- Initiate, and follow through with actions required to close Change Controls
- Participate in Internal, Customer and Regulatory Audits.
- Reconcile sales and accounts receivables against sub-ledger and general ledger on a daily basis.
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable, sub-ledger and general ledger for month-end reporting purposes on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate with Customer service to process customer credits and maintain clearing of all customer accounts.
- Coding and posting of cash receipts and wires into accounting system (BPCS) on a daily basis.
- Prepare customer statements and invoices to be distributed to customers on a monthly and/or ad-hoc basis.
- Maintain and update customer master and customer credit limits.
- Knowledge of Bill 102 and Bill 130 laws, professional allowances and reporting procedures preferable
- Knowledge of all provincial pricing rules and regulations an asset
- University degree or college diploma, preferably in accounting or business
- 3 – 5 years’ experience with professional allowance payments and account receivables in the Pharmaceutical industry
- Professional accounting designation or actively pursuing designation preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, in combination with strong interpersonal skills
- Flexibility in hours required to fulfill demands, particularly during monthly and quarterly processes
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to achieve goals and targets
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to present information to non-financial functions
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office including advanced Excel), ERP experience preferably with SAP
- Experience with reporting systems, specifically SAP BW
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical wholesaler data
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections
Submit Your Resume
To connect call – (905) 281-3538