- June 12, 2017
Custodian- Day/ Afternoon Shifts
Our client in North York, ON is looking for 2 Custodians to fill their day shift positions.
Responsible for performing general cleaning duties inside and outside of facilities as assigned. Areas inside the building include offices, washrooms, Locker change rooms, Production area, Warehouse and Laboratories. The buildings include the Engineering Site Office.
Outside the buildings, in winter, operate the snow blower and ice melter spreader, in conjunction with manually keeping the walkways, exits and entrances clear of ice and snow.
- Clean offices, dusting and polishing furniture, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, washing walls and windows. Remove garbage and recycling from the centralized areas.
- Clean washrooms and change rooms and replenish supplies. (soaps, paper towels, hand cream, etc.)
- Clean warehouse floors, shelves, walls and where applicable, any marks on the floor from the forklift wheels.
- Clean the Good manufacturing Practices (GMP) areas, which includes
washing walls, stairs, ceilings and floors. Clean pails and drums and replenishing supplies.
- Clean the cafeteria, including the food preparation area, freezers, coolers and
storage areas. Remove Garbage and recycling materials as needed. Maintain coffee brewers as required.
- Clean the Laboratory and replenish supplies as required.
- Clean the Controlled Substances/CT vault and walk in refrigerator.
- Dispose of all garbage and recycling following proper procedures.
- Operate various cleaning machines including floor polisher, vacuums and floor scrubbing machines.
- Operate the compactors.
- Utilize standardized cleaning agents as trained.
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices, (cGMP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and established safety standards. (SWP).
- Work as a member of a team to achieve all outcomes.
- Perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Diligence.
- Perform all work in accordance with all established regulatory and compliance and safety requirement.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education;
- The ability to lift 50 lbs;
- Strong Communications skills, both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Previous cleaning experience preferred;
- Physically fit
***Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections
Submit Your Resume
To connect call – (905) 281-3538