Your interview is your opportunity to make an unforgettable impression and get the job you want.
Here are some hints and pointers that will help you make that positive impression.
Preparation Always be fully prepared. Often that is the one thing that an otherwise very competent candidate is lacking. DO YOUR HOMEWORK! Some of you are wondering what does that mean? Some tips for that are below;
- Drive to the location before the interview so that you know how to get there, where there is parking etc.
- Know the full name and title of the individual you are to meet with.
- Learn as much as you can about the company.
- Find out as much as you can about the interviewer and what they look for in a good candidate.
- Know what your goals and objectives are for the future so that you can measure these against what is being offered.
- Prepare questions that are specific to that position and that company.
- Always be professionally dressed. Even in business casual environments a business suit is required for the interview process.
- Arrive on time.
- Bring hard copies of your resume. Often the interviewer will have printed it for themselves but it is always good practice to have it on hand just in case.
- Bring a pen and a note pad in case you want to or need to make any notes.